Sunday 27 April 2014

Clarity Challenge 14 - Monochrome



Here is my entry for this months Clarity Blog Challenge. Trying to have a quick last craft before going back to work at school tomorrow.

I took my white piece of Theuva card, cut it to size and used paper as a mask to create the rectangular panel.

Firstly, I stamped the text, form the Journaling Set, in Memento Lulu Lavender, into the open space to give a background.  I then used the same ink and a Clarity brush to dust and highlight the edges of the space.

Next, I stamped the 2 foxgloves over the panel in Versafine Imperial Purple and embossed them with clear powder.

I stamped the sentiment to the side, again using Imperial Purple and embossing powder.

I highlighted the foxglove flowers with a paintbrush using Dusty Concord, Lulu Lavender, with a hint of Lilac Roses and a spritz of water.  Did the same to the leaves but just with a hint of Lavender.

For the background mount I stamped the text around the edges of a blank white card in Lulu Lavender again and dusted around the edges with a brush in the same colour, then mounting the picture on top.


Finally added some lilac Twinkle Goosebumps in the corners.


Hope you like the card and thank you for looking.

8 comments:

  1. Sarah this is a beautiful card. I love the foxgloves. Good luck with the challenge. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angela, good luck to you too with your wonderful landscape.

      Delete
  2. Lovely card Sarah, thanks for entering the challenge and best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love what you have done here. might borrow your idea if it's ok xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, it's ok, have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic background Sarah, the colour beautifully picks out the foxglove stamps too (I love these stamps!). Good luck in the Claritystamp challenge and good luck! x

    ReplyDelete