Sunday 20 April 2014

Lavinia Stamps Challenge 4 - Spring Colours




Hi this is my offering for the Lavinia Stamps Blog Challenge.

Managed to squeeze in some crafting time today and wanted to play with my Gelli plate.
Laid down some pistachio green acrylic let it dry then put some lilac on.
After that dabbed it with a stencil and bubble wrap then put a space maker in the middle before pulling a print.
It didn't quite come out how I was hoping but hey ho, I still like it- particularly where the outside edges aren't perfect.
Carried on anyway, stamped my fairy in black archival then the zen tree. I added the scenery using Lettuce, Stonewashed and Mustard Seed.
Added the different size Zen Rose stamp because my fairy is sprinkling magic fairy dust to make the plants grow!
Coloured the tree and rose with promarkers because I had embossed the archival ink with clear embossing powder.
Added Glamour dust to the fairy's wings.
Used a swirl stencil to add some interest to the gelli background with some gold jelly pen dots.
Finally dusted the edges with some pale pink and gold inks before mounting on black then a faintly patterned paper and added some gems.

Thank you for taking the time to look.

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty card Sarah, lovely frame created with the Gelli plate too.
    Thank you for entering the Lavinia Stamps challenge and good luck Karen (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card, I love the bright colours contrasted by the muted frame. Many thanks for joining the Lavinia Stamps challenge and good luck!!! Melissa (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beauty Sarah, I love how you've created the frame to set off your scene so perfectly.Thank you for sharing it with us at Lavinia, Julie.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's good fun playing with the gelli plate but it doesn't always work out!

      Delete