Sunday 11 January 2015

Lavinia Stamps Challenge 1 - Anything goes



Hi Happy New Year to everyone.
This is my entry for the first Lavinia Stamps challenge for 2015.
I started with a piece of smooth white stamping card on which I  played with some yellow and red Brusho ink powders and spritzed them to create the background.  When this was dry I drew around the outline of a film strip stencil and coloured the outside edge with a black promarker.
So I could stamp the Sycamore fairy inside the film strip I masked off all the outside edges then stamped the fairy and seed as if I had caught them on film falling through the air. I added Glamour dust to the fairy wings.
To make the card I used an A4 piece of white Centura Pearl card scored in half, planning to attach the film strip on an angle.  Before attaching the strip I used the miniature leaves to add an autumn feel background stamping them randomly using Big and Juicy Mountain Meadow and Adirondack Lettuce.
I attached the film strip using sticky pads to give it some relief and then used a micron pen to write "I believe in fairies along the side."

Hope you like my card and thank you for looking.

11 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea, just stunning. Thanks for entering the Lavinia Stamps Challenge and good luck! Kx DT member

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab idea, love the falling fairy! Thank you for entering the Lavinia Challenge and good luck in the draw. Hellen (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just lovely! I really like the idea of the film-strip - it gives a real sense of movement. Thanks for sharing - hope you don't mind if I take inspiration from this and have a go myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind comments. Take inspiration and have a go.

      Delete
  4. What a brilliant design!! Many thanks for joining the Lavinia Stamps challenge and good luck!!! Melissa (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely. Your words along the side of the film strip finish this piece perfectly. Great work.
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Julie. You have to be a bit inventive when you know you've run out of stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous inspiration Sarah, beautifully done,
    Thank you for entering the Lavinia stamps challenge,
    Good luck
    Karen (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete